Lightgun Lichtknarre > Wii 4 LED tracker plugin – iron sight aim
Whats going on here?
Here you will learn all the information about the Lichtknarre – Wii 4 LED tracker plugin. If you don’t know what Lichtknarre is, then look here: https://geekonarium.de/en/lichtknarre-lightgun/
The Wii 4 LED Tracker Plugin lets you play with 4 LEDs and the Wii remote with the accuracy of a rear sight.
- Only needs to be calibrated once in theory.
- The user can move to a certain degree. It is not necessary to stand exactly in the spot where the calibration was made.
- Wii controllers can be quickly connected without the need for Windows menus.
- Easy to use with other games through vjoy2- or mouse-plugin.
- Yes you can rotate the Wii controller. It takes about 1 second for the programme to readjust. But this is actually no problem in use.
- The gun only needs to be 1.3 – 1.5 times as far away as the display is wide.
Follow this Step by Step Guide: https://www.instructables.com/Wii-Remote-As-Lightgun-With-Iron-Sight-Accuracy/
Come back for troubleshooting.
Everything else you need to know
- Update your Windows! Windows 10 has several Bluetooth Updates. Look here:
- The special -TR version atm not working: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Wii_Remote_Plus_(RVL-CNT-01-TR)_Connection_Guide
- If someone knows where to buy this special version please come to discord. Look here under Discord.
- The wiiremote does not want to connect.
- Make sure your Windows-OS is up to date.
- If not make sure the bluetooth driver are installed in a correct way.
- Make sure your wii is off and than hold 1 and 2 till it is listed. Wait 10 seconds if you accendantly hit another button or do not hold 1 and 2 simultan.
- See solution 5
- See solution 6
- Disconnect Mayflash Dolphin-Bar. Make sure your PC only have one bluetooth-radio. Restart your computer and try again.
(I want to have MayFlash Dolphin-Bar support in future as an alternative more worse position recognition, but also with iron sight accuracy.)
- Some antivirus software do not allow the Lichtknarre-tool to use bluetooth by default. Maybe Windows Defender. You have to configure the antivirus software that it allows the tool to use bluetooth.
- Make sure your Windows-OS is up to date.
- My LEDs jump in the preview or flickers.
- see solution 1
- Configure IR sensitivity settings. Maybe to max.
- Use the BAD-LED mode which is available since 0.9.8.
- Your LEDs are too weak or have a limited glowing angle. Consider to build the LEDs from out tutorial: https://geekonarium.de/en/lightgun-lichtknarre-leds-building/
- The cursor jumps back and forth.
- see solution 1 and 2
- My cursor jumps across the screen in a kind of grid.
- see solution 3
- The cursor moves too slowly.
- see solution 4
- When I connect my Nunchuck, the programme crashes.
- First connect the Nunchuck and start the programme.
- If I connect more than one Nunchuck, the programme crashes.
- This will hopefully be fixed in the next version.
- My cursor moves with an offset
- lookup this configuration: https://geekonarium.de/en/what-is-ir-offset-and-why-do-i-need-it/
- If you use vjoy2 plugin and the offset is only in the emulator, than its because of the emulator/game configuration. Please check mouse plugin without emulator/game if this happens also.
- You have other light sources around the screen.
These must be eliminated. Even if you think there are none, there may be some due to reflections from other light sources in the surroundings. It may also be the case that yesterday everything still worked, but today it no longer works due to the incident sunlight. After these have been eliminated you should recalibrate the gun.
- You can use your smartphone’s camera to help you do this. This can make IR light sources visible.
- You can set the IR sensitivity in the programme. As reflective lights are usually darker, they can be excluded.
- You are standing too close to the screen. The gun must be at least 1.3-1.5 times the screen width.
- The wii camera only has a resolution of 1024×768, so if you have set a 4K resolution, not all pixels on the screen can be reached. You should therefore play at a lower resolution.
- It could be that your Bluetooth device is too slow. Check the compatibility lists of the wii remote for this.
- You installed third party wii software driver to your computer. For example: HID wiimote by Julian Oehr or touchmote (not sure about that). Please uninstall these drivers before usage.
A good tool for this is: https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer
Please beware that you can damage your pc when you do something wrong. No waranty. On your own responsibility.
- You’r bluetooth dongle is incompatible. Please check: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices#